Home » Safari Lodges In Lake Mburo National Park-Accommodations/Hotels
There are a variety of Uganda safari lodges in Lake Mburo National Park where travelers can stay during their Uganda safari vacations.
Lake Mburo National Park accommodations range from;
- Luxury safari lodges,
- Midrange safari lodges, to
- Budget safari lodges
Luxury Lodges In Lake Mburo National Park-Accomodation
1. Mihingo Lodge
Mihingo is a luxurious lodge adjacent to Lake Mburo National Park. Perched high on a rocky kopje, whose pre-Cambrian granite boulders were formed over 500 million years ago, it has spectacular views over a vast savannah landscape.
Accommodation At Mihingo Lodge Include;
- 12 luxury, tented rooms designed to provide guests with privacy and tranquility.
- Each spacious room is equipped with en-suite bathrooms, hot and cold running water, showers, and flush loos.
- The rooms have been sensitively designed to complement the local environment with great attention to detail.
- The doorways are framed by stunning pieces of dead olive wood found on the land.
- The outside walls reflect the colors of the African soil, created with the help of a specialist from Lamu who mixed natural colored pigments into the cement.
- Several of the rooms dramatically incorporate the granite boulders into the design of the bathrooms.
- As an environmentally friendly lodge, all the lights are solar-powered and each room has its own solar-powered water heater.
2. Montana’s Lake Mburo Camp
Lake Mburo Camp is located inside Lake Mburo National Park. The tented camp is situated off Impala track and is clearly signposted about 7 kilometers from Sanga Gate.
The camp is in a commanding position on the side of Rwamahungu hill, overlooking Lake Mburo and its surrounding eco-systems, it is a peaceful area with great views of the lake and surrounding country.
The area around the lodge and tents is host to many resident zebra, warthogs, waterbuck, impala, buffalo, civet cats, and prolific birdlife.
Accommodation At Montana’s Lake Mburo Camp Includes;
Nine classic-luxury tents set on wooden platforms with twin/double bedrooms. The tents offer a genuine bush experience in scheduled and fully furnished ensuite tents, all with;
- Solar lighting,
- En-suite bush shower
- Eco-friendly toilets
- Dressing room, and
- Private verandas overlooking the lake and valley.
Midrange Uganda Safari Lodges In Lake Mburo National Park-Accommodation
3. Mburo Safari Lodge
Mburo Safari Lodge is a luxury and eco-friendly lodge in Lake Mburo National Park. The lodge is blessed with breathtaking views. It is often visited by Zebra’s, Buffalos, and Impalas.
Accommodation at Mburo safari lodge include;
Luxury Cottages; The lodge has 10 luxury and spacious cottages (suites) which can be booked with twin beds or a double bed and a third bed is possible.
Luxurious Honeymoon Cottage; This cottage also has furniture in a distinctively African style.
Luxury Family Cottage; The 2 luxury and spacious family cottages are very near the restaurant and ideal for people with children.
Camping; For people who want to be close to nature, bush camping is the best option.
2. Arcadia Cottages
Arcadia Cottages has located 2km from the park headquarters at Rwonyo and it is an ideal base from which to explore the park on a game drive, spot crocodiles and hippos on the launch trip or really get close to nature on a guided walking safari.
Accommodation At Arcadia Cottages Include;
Eight self-contained cottages; arranged around a central lodge building, where guests can enjoy the tasty dishes in the restaurant or relax and take in the stunning view from a raised deck.
In the evenings, guests can wind down from an exciting day’s safari around the open fire, sipping on a cold drink from the bar while impala, warthog, and the occasional hippo munch on the grass just yard away.
3. Rwakobo Rock Lodge
Rwakobo Rock is an eco-friendly nestled on a scenic outcrop at the edge of Lake Mburo National Park with breathtaking views.
Animals such as zebra, warthog, impala, and bushbuck abound around the lodge and often congregate at the water hole beneath the dining area.
The lodge is situated just 1Km from the Nshara Gate of Lake Mburo National Park.
Accommodation At Rwakobo Rock Lodge Include;
- 8 comfortable and spacious thatched cottages are dotted around the hill, all very private and offering great sunset views. The cottages have solar lighting, flush toilets, and solar-heated showers.
- They also offer self-contained rooms in the Hornbill House. This beautiful thatch building has 5 bedrooms each with its own en-suite and verandah.
- There is also an ensuite safari tent for travelers who want to enjoy a more bush experience.
4. Mpogo Safari Lodge
Mpogo Safari Lodge is a peaceful and exclusive facility conveniently located on top of a hill, in the outcasts of Lake Mburo National Park.
The safari lodge is designed to make you feel at home in the neighboring wild. The Lodge is located in a serene environment, cool and airy to relax your mind and body.
Accommodation at Mpogo Safari Lodge include;
- 16 room facility offers midrange accommodation at affordable prices.
- The lodge has standard rooms, double rooms/twin rooms to suit business and leisure guests alike.
- Most of the rooms feature good views of Lake Mburo National Park.
- Mpogo Lodge has two very private luxurious grass-thatched cottages with two rooms each, inbuilt showers rooms and toilets, at the topmost of the hill, which gives guests a very spectacular view of the park.
- Camping site; great pursuit for travelers interested in camping. Come with your tent and camp in the wilderness with guaranteed comfort and convenience.
- The camping site is equipped with shower rooms, cold and warm running water, and flush loos.
5. Mburo Eagle’s Nest –Midrange/Budget
Eagles Nest Lodge is nestled on a high hill bordering Lake Mburo National Park. This tented camp has not only one of the best views in Uganda, but it is also the ultimate African canvas experience.
Accommodation At Eagles Nest Lodge Include;
- 10 self-contained safari tents with verandas overlooking Lake Mburo National Park.
- Each room is furnished with twin beds.
- Eagle’s Nest also offers non-self-contained tents furnished with 2 single beds with a bedside table and a power outlet for charging your electrical equipment.
- All tents are placed under a grass thatched roof which creates your private terrace and provides some welcome shade.
- The tents share a communal ablution block with showers and flushing toilets.
- No need to worry about linen as all bedding and towels are provided.
Budget Safari Accommodation In Mburo Park-Accommodation
1. Leopard Rest Camp
Leopard Rest Camp is a budget campsite situated just 1 kilometer outside of the Nshara entrance gate. It offers a variety of accommodation, activity, and safari options for every type of traveler. Eco friendly, family friendly, and budget-friendly, it welcomes groups of all sizes and has a spacious area for overland campers.
Accommodation At Leopard Rest Camp Include;
Bush Camping; The camps have plenty of great sites for visitors to choose from.
Lazy Camping; The lazy camping tents allow you to get the wilderness experience without having to sleep on the ground.
Safari Tents; The safari tents feature an adjacent private outdoor toilet & shower for the full bush experience.
Luxury Safari Tents; Luxury Safari Tents are thatch covered, raised, and set on the beautiful wooden floor.
2. Rwonyo Rest Camp
Operated by Uganda Wildlife Authority, Rwonyo Rest Camp is a budget lodge that is perched on a hillside 1 kilometer from the lakeshore. Waterbucks, warthogs, and Bush pigs wander through the camp during nighttime. Travelers without transport will need to be walked there by a ranger.
Accommodation at Rwonyo Rest Camp includes 7 tents and 4 bandas, most of which use communal toilets and showers. You can self-cater or eat at the nearby Lakeside Restaurant.